I would like to start a business with my partner in Japan. Can both of us get our business manager visa?
It is necessary for both partners to clearly separate the duties in charge and to invest 5 million JPY each applicant.
Both business partners to get a Business Visa
There are situations where two or more people may want to obtain a business manager visa.
However, it is usually more difficult for several foreigners to get business manager visas at the same time.
When two or more applicants apply for a business manager visa, the immigration officer will consider whether the company is large ( means Employees, Capital or Sales) enough to be managed by the applicants and whether each applicant has clearly separate responsibilities ( such as CEO, COO, or CTO) as a director of the company.
In the following cases, there is a high possibility that the Immigration Bureau will grant business manager visa for each applicant ( foreign business owner etc. ).
(1) The company is of sufficient size (sales, capital, number of employees). There is reason to have more than one director in the company.
(2) The roles of the applicants as directors are separated. For example, the difference between the roles of CEO and CTO or CFO. Similarly, there is a difference between being in charge of Japan and being in charge of the Americas.
(3) In the case of a newly established company, each applicant must have invested at least JPY 5 million.
Case study for permitted
Case：U.S. citizen John Smith invested 9 million JPY and German citizen Paul von Oberstein invested 6 million JPY to establish a trading company. (They have both invested 5 million JPY or more). John is a specialist in international trading business, and Paul is a financial expert, a former investment banker.
John will be responsible for all sales including overseas transactions taking advantage of his experience and connections, while Paul will be in charge of fundraising and internal management.
The management policy is to be decided jointly as a partner, and the compensation is to be paid from the business income in proportion to the amount of each investment.
(1) Investment of 5 million JPY or more per Applicant
(2) The roles of the applicants as directors are separated. /span>
It is usually more difficult for several foreigners to obtain a business manager visa at the same time. There are also many immigration regulations. Contact Continental today.
Immigration consultant, Financial advisor
He has 18 years experience in Investment Banking at Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley. He had provided financial advisory more than 500 entrepreneurs and senior management.
He currently supports many foreign entrepreneurs in Japan, taking advantage of the experience of an investment banker. He is the best expert of Business VISA in Japan.
Gyoseishoshi Immigration Lawyer
CMA(Japanese financial analyst license)
CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
MBA in Entrepreneurship